Your factory Toyota brakes seem rather simple. You apply pressure to the brake pedal with your foot. Your vehicle slows, or, if you use enough pressure, comes to a full stop. However, it's a bit more involved than that, and your brake rotors are essential parts of the process.
How Brake Rotors Work
The brake rotors are the round discs that connect to your wheels. When you press that brake pedal, fluid is sent from the mater brake cylinder to the brake calipers. The calipers, shielded by brake pads, clamp onto the rotors and create the resistance required to slow your vehicle.
Signs of Failing Rotors
The high heat of that friction, combined with the wear and tear of everyday driving, can cause even the best brake rotors to eventually go bad. Indications of failure include:
- Squealing or grinding noises when you brake
- A bouncing or vibrating brake pedal
- Requiring more time and distance to stop
When your brake rotors need to be replaced, you need to make sure that you're choosing the best replacement parts. For your vehicle, those are the genuine Toyota brake rotors that are guaranteed to fit your model. We have plenty in stock here in our auto parts center. Order yours online and we'll ship them right to your door, saving you time and money!
No results found for "brake rotors, rotor". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!