The factory Toyota brake calipers on your vehicle are critical parts of the disc braking system. They're home to the brake pistons and brake pads.
How Your Brake Calipers Work
When you apply pressure to your brake pedal, the master brake cylinder responds by pushing brake fluid through to the pistons and charges the calipers. The pressure builds up, until the calipers clamp the brake pads onto the brake rotors. That produces the friction that slows, and eventually stops, your wheels from turning. That friction produces heat, though, which can eventually cause damage to your calipers.
How to Recognize Failing Brake Calipers
There are several signs that appear when your calipers are starting to go bad. These include:
- The brake pedal feels soft or squishy
- You hear a squeaking or grinding sound when you brake
- You have to repeatedly press the brake pedal to get your brakes to respond
- Your Toyota pulls to the side when you brake
- A warning light alerts on the dash
Driving with damaged calipers isn't safe, since you can’t be sure that your vehicle will stop when and where you want. When it's time to replace your worn-out calipers, make sure that you use the right ones for your vehicle. Those are the genuine Toyota brake calipers that are guaranteed to be compatible with your model. Find everything you need for the project, right here in our online auto parts department. Buy today and we'll get your order shipped right out!
No results found for "brake caliper, brake calipers". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!