The shocks and struts on your Toyota vehicle help it remain stable no matter the road conditions, or lack thereof. They do this by regulating the activity of the coil springs in the suspension system. That helps keep your wheels aligned and your tires on the road. The result? Reliable handling and braking, with minimal body roll on turns and curves.
The Difference Between Shocks and Struts
While they serve the same purpose, shocks and struts are completely different parts and are not interchangeable. Struts are integrated parts of the suspension and steering system, while shocks are independent. That means that when you replace your struts, you also need to be sure to align the vehicle.
How to Spot Failing Shocks or Struts
Unfortunately, shocks and struts can go bad, especially if you drive in rough conditions. Signs of problems include:
- A rougher ride quality than usual
- Your vehicle pulls to one side during turns
- You notice your tire treads are unevenly worn
- Your vehicle leans too far forward when you're stopping
- There's a film of grease or oil on the parts
If you inspect your suspension and discover your shocks or struts need to be replaced, make the smart decision. Choose genuine Toyota shocks or struts. They’re designed to fit your model, with a guaranteed compatibility that no other can offer. Our online auto parts center has yours in stock and ready to ship. Buy now and save!
No results found for "shock, strut, suspension". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!