The factory ignition in your Toyota car, truck, SUV, or van is essential to your vehicle starting up right away. On your part, it's relatively simple. You either turn the key in the ignition switch or press the start button. The ignition process itself is a little more complicated, however.
How Your Ignition Works
Turning the key or pressing that button causes the battery, starter solenoid, and ignition coil to send an electric charge to the spark plugs. The plugs use that charge to kindle the mixture of air and fuel inside the engine's combustion chamber. Then the starter motor cranks, the pistons start pumping, and the engine roars to life.
How to Identify Ignition Trouble
Even the best ignition parts can go bad. If you see any of these signs, hook up a code reader to determine if your ignition components are working properly or need replacing:
- The dashboard lights flicker
- You have difficulty starting the engine
- You're unable to turn the ignition key
- Your starter motor doesn’t engage
If the results indicate that you do need to replace an ignition part, you'll want to take care of it as quickly as possible. You'll also want to make sure that you use the best parts for the job. For your Toyota, those would be the genuine OEM parts that were designed specifically to fit your model. Find everything you need for the job right here in our online auto parts department, in stock and ready to be shipped right out. Buy today to save time and money!
No results found for "ignition, spark plug, solenoid, starter". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!